Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

How to fully mix compound

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fully mix compound

I just started using a setting type compound. The problem is that when I mix it. I follow the instructions but there are always little bits of it unmixed on the bottom of the bucked, usually around the edge (where the mixer can't get to it). Anyway, when I apply it, I always end up with the little dried clumps in the wall. I use one of those T shaped mixers that are hollow in the middle there's a link to what it looks like.

Mixer picture

Re: How to fully mix compound

I've not used that type of mixer, I use the one with two disk shaped propeller looking things.

However, I don't know that your problem is with the mixer. Here is my trick. I start with all of the water that I will need and then I add the compound a little at a time. This way it is very easy to mix. If you add all the ingredients at once it is a lot harder to get it all mixed.

If using that technique dosen't help then you are probably mixing it too dry.