Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

ceiling texture

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceiling texture

What is the most common ceiling texture style used these days? I'm building spec houses and I don't want to be using something that is old hat or unaccepted. Last house we used a level 5 finish and orange peel. I thought it was boring.

Re: ceiling texture

Textures vary from region to region.
    In my area what we call a knock down is
    we roll mud on then stomp it with a crow's foot or a double round brush then we wipe it down with a squeegee.

In other areas they call a knock down when you spray it on the ceilings then wipe it down.with a squeegee or a knife.

There is a texture called a starburst. You start in the center then circle your way out with a big swirl(one continous swirl). Very hard to explain but a very nice texture when it is done right