Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Slowing Paint Drying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing Paint Drying

I know watching paint dry has become something of a joke. In dry, low humidity Colorado it happens too fast. When using semigloss latex, inside, with a brush, on door casing, jamb & stop, it skims over by the time I get back to what USED to be my wet edge. Can says add water to spray. There must be something else to slow things down, improve leveling on a verticle surface and keep me from hitting the aspirin bottle. Any ideas? Thor

Re: Slowing Paint Drying

Have you tried adding the water?

Comment

Slowing Paint Drying

I tried adding water/paint in a small container. I was hesitant because the only label reference had to do with spraying. I just guessed at the ratio but recorded it. The finish came out fine. With a little math I figured the ratio to be 1 ounce water to 8 ounces of paint. Another website response suggested Floetrol (floodco.com). I was on my third coat so any thinning caused by the water didn't visibly effect coverage. Floetrol is not supposed to effect coverage--I haven't tried it. Thanks, Thor

Comment

Re: Slowing Paint Drying *NM*

Comment

Re: Slowing Paint Drying

Floetrol is great, you should try it.

Comment

Working...
          X