Identify Tile Brand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify Tile Brand?

This appeared in the October issue of Remodeling magazine (sister publication of JLC), page 43, as part of a Delta faucet ad.
    It's a semi-random pattern of modular-sized tiles that can be combined in many sizes, both vertically and horizontally, but no local tile distributors know of a maker offering such flexibility.. My emails to Delta, Masco, and their advertising representative have gone unanswered since October...I have a client who is demanding it, fearing that running-bond subway tile will be very dated, very soon...

Sorry for bad scan...had problems...

such a random tile may be some guy who pieced it together like that out of 3 readily available tiles. Or it could have been a photo shop display for the ad. It is certainly not something that I would see in any of my clients homes, the tile pattern or a shower made like that.
    Guess I am saying if it is really a tile job everything about it is custom including the tile.

Comment

Find better tile suppliers. That's just a three piece (size) tile pattern.
      Gary

Comment

Karl, please tells us a bit about yourself. What is your role in the construction business?
        As Gary said, that's an ordinary 3-size tile. I would think you'd recognize this if you are in the biz.
        As to asking a tile distributor to determine the brand and model, that may be a bit trickier because there are many manufacturers out there and each distributor is only familiar with the brands they carry.

Comment

I'm only a middle-man in the business, and sub-out all tile work. Most of my work is kitchen and bath remodels, but it's hard to say "no" to a potential client. She did not want to replicate that Delta shower, but simply wants to duplicate the tile pattern, preferably at a price-point, like most of my clients.

I'll start going through some major supplier's web sites, like Daltile, who offer good bang-for-buck, and see if I can find a line that combine into that pattern w/o a lot of cutting, and also have matching trim pieces, like bullnose.

Comment

That's a modified Versailles pattern, an industry standard. Any good tile store should have a selection available.

BTW, Subway pattern is timeless.

Comment

Working...
            X