Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

Just a heads up for others to possibly save them some time. After updating my extensions manually the other day (I don't let anything on my 'puter auto-update, do it when *I* tell you to, dammitt:) the newest update for the "NoScript" extentsion created some very annoying glitches w/ some other extensions, one of which was a huge pain to discover. If you're using AdBlock Plus, the newest NoScript DISABLES some of the functionality of the AdBlock extension, which is a huge no-no in WTF world. I ended up uninstalling NoScript, and am currently searching for a different extension w/ will provide that script blocking functionality.

If I find anything worth mentioning, I'll post it up.
    "I'll bend over backwards to help anybody, but I ain't bending over forwards for nobody"

Paul

Re: Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

I was briefly reading on another forum about the latest FF extensions but didn't pay too much attention.

I just unchecked FF auto - install. I have ABP also. I don't think I have No Script ? I have to look at the FF ext page ? MY last update is 3.0.10 on 4-28-09.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Happy Home; 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM.
    Steve

"Get three coffins ready" - A Fistful of Dollars 1964

http://youtu.be/KZ_7br_3y54

Comment

WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything
      JoeH

There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) -Robert A Heinlein

Comment

Anyone using Cookiesafe besides me ? I've had absolutely no issues since I added it to my extensions. Works well with abp, and I never get anything showing up in my scans, which I do ever other day.
        Chuck

Comment

How is Cookiesafe different from the Exceptions list in the Privacy tab of FF/Options/Tools ?
          JoeH

There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) -Robert A Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by oldguy View Post
            WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything
            Sorry I didn't see you sooner "Oldguy", I'm gettin' kinda old myself :(

The last NoScript update I installed created a conflict w/ ABP that crippled some of the functionality (right click "adblock image" DISAPPEARED) and just really got me PO'd. Supposedly the creator of NoScript was working something out, I don't know for sure because I basically skimmed the FF forums and caught crosstalk concerning the issue.

Basically I just uninstalled the NoScript ext. (no brain, no headache, lol) and so far haven't had any problems w/ anything that would make me miss it.
            "I'll bend over backwards to help anybody, but I ain't bending over forwards for nobody"

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X