Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine best fit- windows with location (Austin) and insulation (foam).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine best fit- windows with location (Austin) and insulation (foam).

I have a client that wants a new home and has not specified the windows (or specs. of windows). What should the windows perform/specs, be for this Central Texas location (mixed climate hot humid etc.) with the insulation selection (foam) and cost is always an issue. Is there a simple way to know which windows would be a good choice?

Or the specs. that the windows should have?

Or where can I get this information?

Thank you, Joe

Re: How to determine best fit- windows with location (Austin) and insulation (foam).

Do you want to use wood, wood clad, or metal windows? If budget is an issue Jeld-Wen has some pretty affordable windows, insulated Low-E glass is minimal these days.
    ============================================

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Re: How to determine best fit- windows with location (Austin) and insulation (foam).

I hope Allan meant vinyl, not metal. I would start here:

http://www.efficientwindows.org/new_selection1.php

Comment

A possible place to begin is with the building code.

The windows should be speced before the HVAC.

Consider finding a good window shop and work with them?
        www.train2rebuild.com
        Twitter

Comment

EnergyStar rated windows are 'good' performance base-line for different climate regions.

Comment

Working...
          X