Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

cable rafter ties

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable rafter ties

Im adding cable rafter ties to my 1952 cinder block home. 4/12 pitch asphalt shingles. To make my home more hurricane resistant I have added hurricane straps and gable supports. I will be getting a new shingle roof this year. Before the new roof Im sistering a few cracked rafters. During the reroof, screws will be used to hold the planking to the rafters.

There are NO rafter ties on this house and only a few collar ties. I dont know how its stayed together with just toe nails. Ridge is not sagging and walls are not bowing. Still, Ive decided to add rafter ties. Aside from one video, I know nothing about using cable to do this. However, cable would be easier and maybe stronger too. I need to know how strong my cables needs to be. All online roof load calculators need to know roof design load. I dont know this.

Im looking for help in this cable tie project and suggestions of good suppliers.