PDA

View Full Version : Day-Timer Organizer

Randy
01-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Joe,
Do you know anything about the Day-Timer Organizer software? Is it going to no longer be supported, or has it been sold? If still supported, does it synch with Pocket PC now? Any opinions on it?

Joe Stoddard
01-31-2003, 10:34 PM
Randy
I think it was discontinued, and that's pretty much the end of the line for it.

You didn't ask, but do yourself a big favor and switch to ACT! -- it'll print out in Day-Timer format if that's what you need, but it's 10x as capable. And 2.5 million users means there is lots of support and a huge ACT! community to fall back on. ACT! has a PalmOS version but no native PocketPC version yet. However, you can use CompanionLink or IntelliSync and get your ACT! data to and from the PocketPC. And then there are excellent add-ins like Norm Seff's BetterACT!, there are links to MSProject, to QuickBooks, etc. ACT is a great "mission control" for your business. I'm really loving the new version (6) because you can also open Word and Excel dox directly inside of ACT.... it's a remarkable piece of software.

Good luck
JLS

Allan
02-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Joe:

I agree with everything you said about ACT. I have been using ACT for about 3 years, and for the money it is one of the best deals going. Kind of reminds me of Quicken, one of the really cheap, well written softwares that are easy to use for the masses and just catches on. What I like about ACT is that it is a natural for contractors, it is so easy that you can be up and running in just a few hours, you can grow with it-as simple as it is it can do quite complex things that allow you to grow with the software. Because it is so cheap you donít get years of free toll free support, but there are several free support avenues. I just signed up for their unlimited, one year, toll free-6 days a week support, supposed to be immediate answer priority type support. Cost is $199 but my intensions are to move to the next level of use. I also bought Normís Better ACT but havenít really gotten into it yet.

By the way, I just signed up for your newsletter, looking forward to it.

Allan

Joe Stoddard
02-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Allan
Small successes are what it's all about - and Return on Investment. An ACT deployment is relatively inexpensive, even if you hire consulting help -- and the benefits are almost instant. If it saves you 15 minutes a day it's paid for itself in a week.

JLS