Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

Just a heads up for others to possibly save them some time. After updating my extensions manually the other day (I don't let anything on my 'puter auto-update, do it when *I* tell you to, dammitt:) the newest update for the "NoScript" extentsion created some very annoying glitches w/ some other extensions, one of which was a huge pain to discover. If you're using AdBlock Plus, the newest NoScript DISABLES some of the functionality of the AdBlock extension, which is a huge no-no in WTF world. I ended up uninstalling NoScript, and am currently searching for a different extension w/ will provide that script blocking functionality.

If I find anything worth mentioning, I'll post it up.
    "I'll bend over backwards to help anybody, but I ain't bending over forwards for nobody"

Paul

Re: Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

I was briefly reading on another forum about the latest FF extensions but didn't pay too much attention.

I just unchecked FF auto - install. I have ABP also. I don't think I have No Script ? I have to look at the FF ext page ? MY last update is 3.0.10 on 4-28-09.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Happy Home; 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM.
    Steve

"Get three coffins ready" - A Fistful of Dollars 1964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5ZtBpgBQE

Comment

WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything
      JoeH

There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) -Robert A Heinlein

Comment

Anyone using Cookiesafe besides me ? I've had absolutely no issues since I added it to my extensions. Works well with abp, and I never get anything showing up in my scans, which I do ever other day.
        Chuck

Comment

How is Cookiesafe different from the Exceptions list in the Privacy tab of FF/Options/Tools ?
          JoeH

There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL) -Robert A Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by oldguy View Post
            WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything
            Sorry I didn't see you sooner "Oldguy", I'm gettin' kinda old myself :(

The last NoScript update I installed created a conflict w/ ABP that crippled some of the functionality (right click "adblock image" DISAPPEARED) and just really got me PO'd. Supposedly the creator of NoScript was working something out, I don't know for sure because I basically skimmed the FF forums and caught crosstalk concerning the issue.

Basically I just uninstalled the NoScript ext. (no brain, no headache, lol) and so far haven't had any problems w/ anything that would make me miss it.
            "I'll bend over backwards to help anybody, but I ain't bending over forwards for nobody"

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X