PDA

View Full Version : Firefox extensions conflict, just a heads up

whiskytangofoxtrot
05-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Just a heads up for others to possibly save them some time. After updating my extensions manually the other day (I don't let anything on my 'puter auto-update, do it when *I* tell you to, dammitt:) the newest update for the "NoScript" extentsion created some very annoying glitches w/ some other extensions, one of which was a huge pain to discover. If you're using AdBlock Plus, the newest NoScript DISABLES some of the functionality of the AdBlock extension, which is a huge no-no in WTF world. I ended up uninstalling NoScript, and am currently searching for a different extension w/ will provide that script blocking functionality.

If I find anything worth mentioning, I'll post it up.

Happy Home
05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I was briefly reading on another forum about the latest FF extensions but didn't pay too much attention.

I just unchecked FF auto - install. I have ABP also. I don't think I have No Script ? I have to look at the FF ext page ? MY last update is 3.0.10 on 4-28-09.

Thanks for the heads up.

oldguy
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything

always-learning
06-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Anyone using Cookiesafe besides me ? I've had absolutely no issues since I added it to my extensions. Works well with abp, and I never get anything showing up in my scans, which I do ever other day.

oldguy
06-05-2009, 01:59 PM
How is Cookiesafe different from the Exceptions list in the Privacy tab of FF/Options/Tools ?

whiskytangofoxtrot
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
WTF - What kind of problems have you seen. I run FF 3.0.30 with both ABP 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.4 (plus others), and havn't noticed anything

Sorry I didn't see you sooner "Oldguy", I'm gettin' kinda old myself :(

The last NoScript update I installed created a conflict w/ ABP that crippled some of the functionality (right click "adblock image" DISAPPEARED) and just really got me PO'd. Supposedly the creator of NoScript was working something out, I don't know for sure because I basically skimmed the FF forums and caught crosstalk concerning the issue.

Basically I just uninstalled the NoScript ext. (no brain, no headache, lol) and so far haven't had any problems w/ anything that would make me miss it.