PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the groin

Dimensions Unlimited
10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Has anyone ever herd of a groin ceiling?,thats what I was told it was called (Bill,you better not be lying),Anyway if so,How do you follow the contour of the ceiling down to the floor and still keep the bead in a sumwhat straight line.I'm starting at the bottom with standard metal corner bead up to about seven feet,then I but plastic archway bead and staple to follow the curve (not an archway) the furthure up I go the harder I have to push in on the bead before stapeling (to create a disappearing corner (after it is filled in).My problem is to many zig -zags,.Any sugestions will help,thanks in advance.

Myron Ferguson
11-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Strait flex archway bead works great for groin ceilings. It will flow from an outside corner to an inside as it follows a curve. The bead is embedded in compound so it can be moved into the proper position as it is embedded for the exact look you want. www,straitflex.com

Dimensions Unlimited
11-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the imfo Myron,but I finished the ceiling two weeks ago. I tried a couple of different beads and ended up using metal lath plaster bead,It was somewhat difficullt to work with,but it came out ok.I looked up the arch flex bead you recomended.looks like it might work.I think I will order a couple of boxes and experiment with it.Thanks again,RICHARD.