View Full Version : Myron-I got this link from you

05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
I found this mixer through a link on your website. It is at Wind-lock.com. Have you, or anyone else, used this 'fixed, 2-blade fan mixer' for mixing powder compounds? I'm looking for something that does a little better than the square shaped mixer I use now. (similar to the one pictured on the Wind-lock.com page) What do you guys think?


05-23-2004, 10:22 AM
They keep the splater down but seem to be a little slower for mixing powder compounds. They dont let as much air in to the mix which is a plus. I like them for paint and thin mixes. I still use the padle blade mixers to stir the premixed joint compound.

myron Ferguson
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I prefer the blade style because it is easier to keep clean and it mixes compound faster.

06-10-2004, 11:09 PM
We use the 2 blade fan mixer, and like it. We have used the square blade also, but it is harder to clean and doesn't mix as well, especially powder. The "squirrel-cage" mixer is good for smaller amounts and is the best for mixing wallpaper adhesive.