PDA

View Full Version : Inside corner how to

beezo
04-12-2004, 09:59 PM
I have, in the past had some inside corners that were on bay windows. I have always cut the drywall completely and put the two edges together. I recently worked for a guy who scores the back side and then opens the board up and then places the sheet in place. He does not tape these joints and says he has had no real problems with the joint done this way. He has been in business for something like 15 years so I would have thought that he would have had some insight into this situation. Anyone else do this?

I was wondering if it would work on these type of corners why not on inside corners that are true 90's. I rarely have a problem with inside corners cracking if they are taped. I have much more porblem with outside corners and corner bead cracks. Any thoughts on if it might work for some of your inside corners and save some tape time?

Beezo

Kirk
04-13-2004, 10:39 AM
I think that the chance of a wrinkle developing, over time, in the corner of a building is too great to use it there. On a window application, it is probably OK, since there is a header above, but I am paranoid, so I like to use the Ultra flex Light.

Kirk

myron Ferguson
05-02-2004, 08:13 PM
It is a good trick that some carpenters use so they won't have to tape, and so they can complete the job sooner. It works good for small jobs but would not be practical for larger jobs.