PDA

View Full Version : Senco Duraspin guns

unreg
04-05-2004, 04:45 PM
What does everyone think of the Senco guns for collated screws - cordless or corded? Seem to be priced reasonably. Worth it over my old std uncollated drywall gun?

Jeremy
04-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I have the 14v cordless and the corded. The cordless gets the most use, for obvious reasons. I only do residential work with wood studs and haven't had a problem. I bought a 3rd battery on Ebay, and also a cut out saw (I like my electric one better). I rarely use the electric one anymore. I do jobs from small additions to whole house renovations, so it gets a good workout at times. Definetly better than a standard drywall gun.

Wes
04-08-2004, 01:45 PM
I have the corded version with the extention. It came with a DeWalt 3500rpm drywall screw guy and it works great for subflooring and tile backer on the floor. But for drywall screws it is way more expensive to use the coallated than loose drywall screws. I take the drill off the duraspin and use it for drywall and it is faster and cheaper than the duraspin attachment. I think that if you are already quick with the drywall gun then stick with it.

myron Ferguson
05-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I use the cordless Duraspin all the time. I buy a generic brand of screws and pay about half price.

tom dickey
05-20-2004, 08:59 PM
where do yo get the screws myron the price of the screws is keeping me from buying one
tom