View Full Version : hand texture

04-04-2004, 09:35 AM
I have seen this type of texture but never applied it myself. I think it is done by rolling drywall thinned down mud on with a paint roller & then a stippling brush or :Horsehair brush" applied to create the ridges. I call it Taco bell texture.
I have a photo on my desktop of it but can not figure how to post it here. I have no website yet.

04-05-2004, 11:45 PM
I'll ask my brother, he does these all the time.

taco bell (http://groups.msn.com/DryWallProfessionals/_whatsnew.msnw)

Greg S. Levander
04-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Not To Worry : I finnally found some one who still has horse hair Brush. It matched perfectly. As always my borrowed tools get returned with a 12 pack of Bud (or other beer if there is any such thing).
The Finnish Is made by applying Orange peel Viscosity mud to walls with a 3/8" roller. & followed by the hore hair stomp brush.
Basicly it is achevied by using horses mane.
drill some 3/8" holse in a piece of 3/4" plywood about 3" O.C.
Cut mane to about 4" long & insert bunches of mane through holes in plywood. ( Horse tail is to coarse)
Sandwich another layer on the 1st to lock mane sprigs in place.
apply a handle & stomp twist & pull real popular in 70's