PDA

View Full Version : Sand & Kleen

Jeremy
03-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Have any of you used this sanding system? It's the one with the 5 gal bucket of water and hose that hooks to a shop vac. Our company recently bought another brand of sander, and that thing is so slow. Does the Sand & Kleen system work like a normal pole/hand sander, meaning the user creates the sanding action? Is the dust collection with this system effective?

Chip Greth
03-06-2004, 11:03 PM
I tried it and didn't like it. It is cheaply constructed (tubing that is small and thin). It also creates a load whistling sound that is very annoying. I only used a short time before going back to the vacuum hookup that I used before. Another problem was what to do with the liquid once you were finished. I wouldn’t want to dump it down the drain.

Steve
03-07-2004, 07:53 AM
I used it once and never gain. The sander sticks to the wall because of the vacuum suction and try moving the sander then - very difficult to work with and some of the dust comes out.

Myron Ferguson
04-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I like a simple but efficient sander. There is one sold by East Coast Drywall Tools that can be accessed through my website thatdrywallguy.com None of the sanders that I have used get every little spot in every corner. So some dust is necessary because these areas have to be sanded the old fashion way.