PDA

View Full Version : ScrewGuns

irishcyclone
02-28-2004, 10:06 AM
What guns do you guy's prefer? I need a couple of new guns and i was thinking about the Makita 6,000 Rpm or the Dewalt 5,300 Rpm model. Any other suggestions?

John Hofker
02-29-2004, 07:44 AM
I use the autofeed guns. The auto feed screws are expensive but worth every penny especialy if on ceilings.

Pan's unit is nice and fits a range of guns - expensive to buy but less expensive to operate than the Quickdrive unit.

Quickdrive has a broader range of applications (quick change extension) but changing out the tips is a pain. Quickdrive has this little wrench that is hard to fit and if you loose it you are screwed ... actually, I guess if you loose it your not screwed, ... your nailed.

Bedros
03-03-2004, 06:21 PM
i like the dewalt they seem to have the best drywall guns out there. I would also try a hitachi they make great tools. Dewalt is the one i have tried and would buy if i had a choice. I dont like auto feed guns. they dont seem to push in the drywall just the screw thus causing the screw to not plush the drywall as well to the stud. just my opinion.

Bedros

Andy Westcott
03-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I recently read an article about construction efficiency that basically concluded a 30% time saving was found by using cordless screw guns. This seems possibly a little optimistic, but certainly food for thought. With the recent proliferation of excewllent quality cordless tools I haven't seen any mass-produced cordless drywall guns - has anyone else?
Andy

Steve
03-07-2004, 07:00 AM
I saw a cordless Dewalt but not automatic - it worked great and tried to buy one but can't find it. I prefer the Makita since they are small and light, the Dewalt with cord is too heavy and too big.

tom d
03-24-2004, 06:02 PM
senco makes a cordless auto matic gun at jlc live last year they even had a deal buy 1 and get a free cordless cut out tool

Bedros
03-28-2004, 01:58 PM
The senco is junk i have one and they will fall apart after a year of usage.

If you want one that will last i would say go with a dewalt hitchi or milwaukee.

Bedros

Myron Ferguson
04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
I have been using the Senco Duraspin for years and couldn't work without it. cordless is great but the best part is the collated screws.