PDA

View Full Version : outside corner knife

Tim Swingle
01-08-2004, 01:26 PM
I recently bought a rubber outside corner knife for bullnose corners and I could not get a smooth finish over the bead.What's the proper technique? I basically used it to wipe the ridges left from the metal knives and it seemed like it was taking a long time to get it to look decent. Any help would be appreciated.

Myron Ferguson
01-08-2004, 09:21 PM
The actual curved part of the bead doesn't get covered with compound. The rubber knife is used to clean the bead right after the compound is applied to the edge of the bead to hide the flange and blend it into the drywall. The rubber knife also helps blend the ends of beads where they butt together.

Tim Swingle
01-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Myron !

banterer
05-24-2005, 09:45 PM
The actual curved part of the bead doesn't get covered with compound. The rubber knife is used to clean the bead right after the compound is applied to the edge of the bead to hide the flange and blend it into the drywall. The rubber knife also helps blend the ends of beads where they butt together.

Hi Myron,

I am installing bullnose corner bead on a curved wall. If I don't cover the curved part of the bead, the slots that are cut into one of the sides (to allow it to bend) do not get filled up with mud. At least not all of them. So some get mud and others don't.

How do I not cover the curved bead yet cover the slots that are partially cut all the way to the midpoint of curved part?

Thanks,
Jorge