PDA

View Full Version : EZRip Drywall Ripping Tool

Mark Efird
12-04-2003, 10:58 AM
I seen this thing in my Tool Crib catalog and was
wondering if anyone has used this animal and is it
worth buying. Of course I'm new to the trade and need to rip some 12' sheets length wise and I thought this thing might be the trick.

Mark Efird
Charlotte, N.C.

Bill P
12-05-2003, 06:40 AM
You don't need an extra tool to keep track of. You will need a tape and a utility knife regardless, so use them. If you're having trouble with that, keep trying, just take it slow at first until you get the feel for it.

leon bee
12-08-2003, 12:31 AM
I don't know what that tool is, but I got one of those RockRipper squares. I'm sorta a semi-pro rocker and I hated to buy such a homeowner looking thing, but I love it. I admire Bill P.'s method, but my aging joints appreciate gimmicks like that RockRipper.

Myron Ferguson
12-16-2003, 10:38 PM
The straighter the cut the cleaner the break. If a tool helps use it. I have tried one that attaches to a T square that is very simple and worked great.

Brad
01-06-2004, 11:09 PM
I agree with Leon I have the Rock Ripper and it works great if you have to score sheets length ways. Saves alot of time!!

Wmp
01-08-2004, 10:58 PM
ive got the rock ripper. great simple tool that can also be used to so some box or marking with. by using a pencil instead of a knife.

Only draw back on the rock ripper is you have to make sure you apply lots of pressure on the tail edge of the square or it will lift off.

Rick Anderson
01-09-2004, 02:09 AM
I bought a Belco Wallboard Stripper 20 odd years ago and all the other hangers laughed at me. After we had to do some units that required lots of 3 1/2" rips, they weren't laughing too loudly. The stripper only rips up to 5", but you don't need to run it on a factory seam. Try doing that with your hands and tape.

So can anyone answer the original question? The rockRipper looks like a handyman tool (to me), but the EZRip looks like something a Pro could use. I started out hanging but only do it now on my remodel jobs, so I find myself having to think, concentrate/pay attention, etc making rips.

It looks like you could rip from a previously ripped edge.

Now I just need to find an excuse to buy oneƒΊ

--r

http://buyezrip.com/Product.htm

Tom Thomas
01-16-2004, 03:47 PM
It looks like a great advantage of this tool is
you can score both sides of the sheet before you
snap it.