PDA

View Full Version : price for finishing

dave
11-22-2003, 04:59 AM
I'm about to start shopping for a new drywall finishing subcontractor and was hoping to get a bit of info. I want to be able to weed out people bidding too low as well as to high. I'm looking for a fair price and really good quality work. I was hoping to get a basic idea of what the normal price is per 4x8 sheet or by square foot (probably the square foot charge will depend on size of sheet hung i imagine)

I currently pay six a sheet to hang to my employees (I think they are being well paid and I'm fine with this price). I of course provide all supplies, tools, transportation. The workis excellent in my opinion.

I currently sub out for drywall finishers and feel I am paying too much. I'm in the Baltimore/Washington area, what would you say is the going rate for taping and finishing. I would add that the framers are VERY good and so are my hangers so I would say the finishing job is not any additional work due to poor framing and/or hanging.

I did try hiring finishers but their work was not great so I've been subbing out the work. The work is ok but the painters still have to do a fair amount of point up.

By the way, if anyone is looking for work as a sub in howard county maryland and you do good work at a reasonable price please let me know. Thanks!

Woodrow
11-23-2003, 09:39 AM
NY here: Material, Hung, taped w/3coats, Depends on job variables, but approx $1.50 sq.ft.