PDA

View Full Version : Taping Tools

J. Madison
07-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Help; Guys I'm a very small remodler who was losing jobs because I could not get Tapers to show up to tape 6 or 8 boards.In the winter no problem, in the summer forget it. So I foolishly got talked into a tube and boxes guess what?, I bow down to you that do this "art". Anyway my problem is I'm unsure as to how thin the mud should be when I'm "trying" to apply tape with the tube. My biggest problem is corners. I've got too much money invested so I'm begging for help.

Kirk
07-12-2003, 06:43 PM
For jobs that small, hand tape. It isn't worth the clean up time to use the auto tools.

If you still want more info on your tools, post a message with the specific brands models and sizes.

Kirk

RW
07-12-2003, 09:44 PM
In your boat, J. I sub it when it gets too big. Everything I need to finish DW fits in one plywood carry box. BTW, it might look like high art, but practice will get you there, and it's worth your time as a remodeler to have a grip on it. Like you say, full time drywall outfits aren't interested in smaller jobs, and you run into opportunities for that all the time. You can get pretty quick with a knife with a little practice. Best o luck.