PDA

View Full Version : Where is Greenboard Required

Mike G
04-26-2003, 12:48 PM
I am about to go over the final inspection with my sheetrock installer as I build my own house. I have already noticed he has installed greenboard in the shower. However, there is no greenboard behind the bathroom vanities, jacuzzi tub, kitchen or utility room. He has also installed some greenboard at odd places like the occasional piece in the living room and hallway. Are these issues or should I let them go??

Thanks

Fred G.
04-26-2003, 11:47 PM
The odd piece of aqua-board (green board) in the living room and hallway is not a problem. He was probably just using up left over pieces instead of throwing them away. Using regular board in laundry rooms and behind vanities is normal, But you would be wise to ask for aqua-board around the jacuzzi.

HTH

F

GaryR&R
04-28-2003, 06:06 AM
Mike,

Are you planning to tile over greenboard?

Wes
04-28-2003, 07:25 PM
If we tile, we use Durock or some other type of cement board. When we do a bathroom, the entire bathroom gets green board.

Myron Ferguson
05-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I use Moisture resistent drywall spareingly, just around showers and behind tile in areas that are not wet areas. Of course if a contractor would like it in the whole bathroom I'll do it and if I have any extra pieces I may use them up in other areas.