PDA

View Full Version : dustless drywall systems

Tom
04-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Myron, back in January you mentioned you had used the love-less ash system. Do you still use it and is it still working? Would the sanding pole and head work on a fien vacume? Has anyone else used it or another system and have a recommendation? Thanks

Bill
04-08-2003, 11:41 AM
I rented the PC unit, including vac, and was pleased with the result. It isn't perfect but sure left a lot less dust. I haven't seen anything that I'd buy, yet.

Jonathan
04-09-2003, 05:00 PM
I have been using the PC sander for about 4 years and am very happy with it.It takes a little getting use to but works great when you get the hang of it. Sanding ceiling with out a mask and a lot with a lot less energy.It works for me.

Drywaller
04-10-2003, 07:01 PM
I also have used the PC sander for about 5 years or as soon after they became available and would never sand any other way.The key is to use 220 grit pads and it does take a little to get used to ,but it is at least twice as fast and easier.

JohnNH
04-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Tom,I,ve been using the PC unit since it,s been on the market.The key is getting use to it like any other tool.WE modify the sanding pad with one of our own,a full piece of emery[fine]cloth attached with feathering disc adhesive to a full foam pad we own from previous sander[also a PC]with no dust collection.You cannot get a job to match what this gives you,and trust me,I,ve been doing this for 24yrs now.You can take your truck to work or a horse and buggy your choice!Good Luck,JohnNH

Myron Ferguson
04-16-2003, 07:25 PM
The love less ash sander is not as fast as the PC but it is very dust free. I really only use a dust free sander when I am in someones home that I am worried about getting dusty. I think the sander would work on any vac.

CarpenterHere
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I rented the PC unit, including vac, and was pleased with the result. It isn't perfect but sure left a lot less dust. I haven't seen anything that I'd buy, yet.

What is this "PC Unit" you all are referring to? Are you talking about a Porter Cable random-orbital sander hooked up to a shop-vac?

I have the Festool Random Oribital sander (ES125) and the Festool mini-vac - never thought about using it to sand drywall compound - although I guess it would collect up the dust very well.

Thanks,
Bill

dgbldr
03-29-2006, 01:32 PM
CarpenterHere, this is what they are talking about:
http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=2866

DG/Builder